1) What personal information do we collect?
The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’ meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier. This definition provides for a wide range of personal identifiers to constitute personal data, including name, identification number, location data or online identifier, reflecting changes in technology and the way organisations collect information about people. The GDPR applies to both automated personal data and to manual filing systems where personal data are accessible according to specific criteria. This could include chronologically ordered sets of manual records containing personal data.
We only collect data which you have submitted via online website service or in-house sign ups. The only data stored is data by which the person(s) have selected to be subscribed to our mailing list for various promotions and information.
We therefore typically process the following types of personal information about you:
- contact information (such as name, residential/mailing address, telephone /mobile number, email address);
- date of birth
- information about your health issues (if any); and
- to communicate with you if any products or services you have requested are unavailable
When you make contact with us for other purposes, we may also collect personal information about you in relation to those purposes. For example, we may collect your personal information so we can contact you about a competition you have entered (e.g. if you win) or to respond to an enquiry or feedback you have sent to us.
2) How do we collect personal information?
We will only collect personal information in compliance with GDPR. We usually collect your personal information from the information you submit during the course of your relationship with us. We will collect this information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our websites. Your continued use of the websites following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes
Generally, this collection will occur:
- when you deal with us either in person, by telephone, letter, email;
- when you sign up to receive communications from us at a stand
or in another public event we attend
- when you visit any of our websites
We make every effort to maintain the accuracy and completeness of your personal information which we store and to ensure that all of your personal information is up to date. However, you can assist us with this considerably by promptly contacting us if there are any changes to your personal information or if you become aware that we have inaccurate personal information relating to you. Please see contact details below. We will not be responsible for any losses arising from any inaccurate, inauthentic, deficient or incomplete personal information that you, or a person acting on your behalf, provide to us.
3) How do we use your personal information?
We will only process your information, where:
- you have given your consent to such processing (which you may withdraw at any time);
- the processing is necessary to provide our services to you;
- the processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations; and/or
The purposes for which we collect personal information further include:
- identification of fraud or error;
- regulatory reporting and compliance;
- developing and improving our products
- internal accounting and administration;
Where permitted by GDPR, we may use your personal information to send you targeted marketing activities relating to our products and services that we think may interest you, unless you have requested not to receive such information. These may include, but are not limited to, mail outs, electronic marketing and notifications as described below, and telephone calls). We will only use your personal information to send electronic marketing materials to you (including e-newsletters, email and SMS,) if you have opted-in to receive them.
Should you no longer wish to receive promotional/marketing material from us or receive other types of communication from us, please refer to the “Contact” section below. You can unsubscribe from receiving electronic marketing materials by following the unsubscribe prompt in your email and SMS. Please also see the “Your rights” section of this Notice to learn about your ability, at any time, to opt out or limit the use of your browsing behaviour for online behavioural advertising purposes.
4) Is personal information disclosed to third parties?
We do not and will not sell your personal information in any circumstance.
5) Retention of information
We will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and in order to meet the legal and business requirements of managing your customer account and experience with us. In particular:
- We will retain personal data that is necessary for us to provide you with a product or service that you have requested or purchased for as long as it takes us to provide that product or service;
- We will retain your contact details for marketing purposes for as long as we have your permission to send you marketing information or for as long as we are permitted to do so, subject to your right to object at any stage;
- We will retain records of any transactions you enter into with us or products or services you receive for up to seven years. This is so that we can respond to any complaints or disputes that arise in that period;
- We will destroy or de-identify personal information once we no longer require it for our business purposes, you request it, or as required by our retention period or by law.
6) Your rights in relation to the personal information we collect
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) strengthens your rights over how companies use your data. A summary of these rights is as follows:
- The right to insist that brands who hold your data are transparent about how they use your personal information, and fair in the way they process and use it.
- The right to access your personal information.
- The right to insist that companies correct any mistakes in the information they hold.
- The right to erase or delete your personal information in certain situations.
- The right to receive a copy of your personal data held by a company, in certain situations.
- The right to opt-out of direct marketing.
- The right to object to automated decision processes which significantly affect or
- disadvantage you, in certain circumstances
- The right to object to continued processing of your personal information, in certain circumstances
- The right to restrict the way that companies process your personal information, in certain circumstances.
If you wish to:
- update, modify, delete or obtain a copy of the personal information that we hold on you; or
- restrict or stop us from using any of the personal information which we hold on you, including by withdrawing any consent you have previously given to the processing of such information; or
- where any personal information has been processed on the basis of your consent or as necessary to perform a contract to which you are a party, request a copy of such personal information in a suitable format
you can request this by emailing us at the address set out in the contact us section below. You will receive acknowledgement of your request and we will advise you of the timeframe within which you will receive your information in accordance with GDPR.
We endeavour to respond to such requests within a month or less as per GDPR regulations, although we reserve the right to extend this period for complex requests. We will update you if this is the case.
You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by email by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing emails you receive from us or by opting out of text messages within the SMS you have received from us. Please note if you want to opt out of both email and SMS you will need to do so through those two channels. They are exclusive of each other. You can also contact us at the information below and state what you would like to be opted out of.
In any of the situations listed above, we may request that you prove your identity by providing us with a copy of a valid means of identification in order for us to comply with our security obligations and to prevent unauthorised disclosure of personal information.
We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable administrative fee for any manifestly unfounded or excessive requests concerning your access to your personal information, and for any additional copies of the personal information you request from us.
8) Activity on our digital platforms
Our websites may use social media features and widgets (such as “Like” buttons/widgets) These are provided and operated by third party companies (e.g. Facebook) and either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website or mobile application. These features may collect information such as the page you are visiting on our website/mobile application, your IP address, and may set cookies to enable the social media feature to function properly.
If you are logged into your account with the third-party company, then the third-party may be able to link information about your visit to and use of our website to your social media account with them. Similarly, your interactions with these features may be recorded by the third party. You can manage the sharing of information and opt out from targeted marketing via your privacy settings for the third party social media platform.
When you access our website, or open electronic correspondence or communications from us, our servers and email broadcast provider may record data regarding your device and the network you are using to connect with us, including your IP address. An IP address is a series of numbers which identify your computer, and which are generally assigned when you access the internet.
We may use IP addresses for system administration, investigation of security issues and compiling anonymised data regarding usage of our website. We may also link IP addresses to other personal information we hold about you and use it for the purposes described above (e.g. to better tailor our marketing and advertising materials, provided you have opted in to receive electronic marketing).
Tracking Technologies / Cookies
You may correct or update your personal information at any time by emailing or writing to us at the below address, calling the below phone number or emailing us at email@example.com. Please include your booking reference number/s, name, address, date of birth and email address when you contact us as this helps us to ensure that we accept amendments only from the correct person.
We will securely retain your data for as long as is reasonably necessary and in accordance with GDPR. The length we will hold your data for will depend on the programme you have booked with us. Please see the terms and conditions relating to the specific programme you have booked for more detail. If you wish to submit a request that your data be deleted, please write to us at the below address.
Post: Funtasia Waterpark Unit 1, Donore Road Industrial Estate, Drogheda, Co. Louth, A92 EVH6
Phone: 041 9898000
We will respond to any enquiries or complaints received as soon as practicable.
10) Changes to our Notice
We may amend this Notice from time to time. If we make a change to the Notice, the revised version will be posted on our website. We will post a prominent notice on our website to notify you of any significant changes to our Notice and indicate at the end of the Notice when it was most recently updated. It is your responsibility, and we encourage you, to check the website from time to time in order to determine whether there have been any changes. If we update our Notice, in certain circumstances, we may seek your consent.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 24th May 2018.